Join the PTA!!!
Welcome Back to School!
After a crazy year, we are back, and we are so happy to finally be able to see the children back in school!
This year, more than ever, we are asking for your participation in PTA! As you can imagine we were unable to do any kind of fundraising last year due to the pandemic, but we still sponsored many school events, including Teacher Appreciation, Student Fun day, and DARE Graduation. In order to be able to sponsor these events (please see the list below) WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Who we are: Theodore Roosevelt School is now part of the National Parent-Teacher Association. Our mission as your PTA at Roosevelt School is to foster a strong sense of community and school spirit and enhance our children’s educational, social and developmental experiences at school by:
- promoting and encouraging communication between parents, teachers, the administration and the community;
- sponsoring and supporting school events and activities;
- organizing fundraising efforts
Our membership dues are $10 per family ($4.00 of which goes to the National PTA). While any parent is welcomed to our PTA monthly meetings, please be advised that only members may cast a vote. On average, the PTA spends over $80 per student each year on our various activities. We are appreciative of any tax-deductible donation which helps us reach our cost-per-student expenditure. We look forward to working with you to make the 2021-2022 School Year a great one!
In order to be successful, the support and involvement of the parents, faculty, and staff is of utmost importance. We invite and encourage you to participate and support our school activities and events. Your involvement and participation directly impacts your child’s experience at school and is vital to their success, as well as ours.
Please show your support by becoming a member of the PTA and attending our monthly meetings. If you have not signed up for the PTA, or paid your dues for the 2021-2022 school year, please sign up here MemberHub https://roosevelths.memberhub.com/store
The PTA meetings are held at 7:00 on the 1st Thursday of every month, beginning on October 7th. Please note, due to there being no school on Thursday, Nov 4th, the November meeting will be rescheduled.
We hope to see all of you there!
2021– 2022 Officers:
- Marcia Mitolo– President
- Jennifer Zellmer- Vice President
- Maria Laskovich– Treasurer
- Cecilia Sienra – Secretary
PTA Sponsored Activities:
- Garden Club
- Parents Night Out Events
- Teachers’ Sneak Peek Book Fair Luncheon
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Family Fun Night
- 5th & 6th Grade Snow Ball Dance
- Taste of Roosevelt
- Dr. Seuss/Read Across America Celebration
- 3rd & 4th Grade Ice Cream Social
- Teacher Appreciation Week/Luncheon
- Year End Field Trips for each Grade
- Student Fun Day
- D.A.R.E. Graduation Reception (May)
- Project Moving On (6th Grade Parents)
- 6th Grade End of Year Dance (June) and Clap Out
Questions? Contact us at: email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook “The PTA at Theodore Roosevelt School”
Follow us on Twitter WeehawkenTRSPTA @WeehawkenTRSPTO
to stay up to date on the latest info!